At Build A Body, the health of our trainers and clients is extremely important. We will not take risks during these unprecedented times and therefore will ensure that we follow correct procedure at all times.
We will –
- Adhere to NSW Health Advice at all times
- Strict 1.5 meter distancing rule
- Booking system will be placed to use the gym facility and classes. This will ensure guidelines are followed with a max amount of people at all times.
- Clients are not to visit the facility if they’re unwell
- We have given trainers the right to ask clients discreetly to leave the facility if they present unwell
- Clients are asked to wipe down their equipment before and after their workouts
- Large towels must be used
- Sanitizer is available within Build A Body
- Disinfectant used is hospital grade that kills viruses including the coronavirus.
1. COMMUNICATION TO TRAINERS AND CLIENTS
Build A Body communicate regularly with trainers and clients in relation to health and safety matters for the COVID 19 pandemic, including infection control measures that have been implemented in gyms. This is done in meetings, emails to trainers, announcements on Facebook, Instagram and posters displayed throughout Build A Body.
All trainers have completed the Australian Government online COVID infection control training module.
3. PHYSICAL DISTANCING
Trainers, clients and visitors to our gyms are to maintain a distance of 1.5 meters where practicable.
Gym strategies to ensure a physical distance of 1.5 meters can be maintained include:
- The number of people in the GYM at any given time is to be minimised to 1 person per four square meters of floor space.
- Movement throughout the gym of both trainers and clients is closely monitored.
- Work areas have been redesigned to ensure adequate distance between staff (1.5 meters).
- To ensure clients and trainers keep at least 1.5 metres apart while training.
- Restricting the number of clients allowed in specified areas
- Asking clients to leave the premises once they have completed their workout session
- Allowing a 15 minute space between sessions
4. HANDWASHING AND HYGIENE
Personal hygiene and regular hand washing is encouraged and supported at Build A Body
- Trainers have received education as to when hand washing is indicated and also appropriate technique. Posters explaining how to wash hands are displayed throughout Build A Body.
- Trainers have received education in relation to hygiene methods to limit the spread of viruses and other air-born organisms including but not limited to coughing and sneezing into their elbow or tissue, avoiding touching their face, hygienic disposal of tissues (Australian Government online COVID infection control training).
- Sink facilities are available within the Build A Body bathrooms to enable hand washing with soap and water.
- Alcohol based hand sanitiser is available in multiple locations at Build A Body.
5. INCIDENT NOTIFICATION
Build A Body is mandated by the NSW Work Health and safety Regulator and NSW Health to notify SafeWork NSW of a case of COVID-19 arising out of the conduct of the business or undertaking. Notification is made by calling SafeWork NSW on 13 10 50. Provision of personal details of the affected person is not required. Notifications must be made regardless of whether NSW Health is already aware of the case.
6. WORKER OBLIGATIONS
Workers are obliged by Work, Health and Safety laws to do what is both reasonable and practicable to protect themselves and others.
At Build A Body our trainers are requested to:
- Stay at home if unwell. In particular, if you have a fever, sore throat, cough, runny nose and/or shortness of breath.
- Stay at home if you become aware of any potential exposure to COVID 19. In particular, if a person you have been in contact with reports an epidemiological history or develops symptoms which meet with COVID 19 testing criteria and/or have tested positive.
- Inform your manager ASAP of your need to stay home. Contact your GP and follow instructions re testing for COVID 19 and self-isolation.
7. CLIENT OBLIGATIONS
At Build A Body our clients are requested to:
- Not attend Build A Body if unwell. In particular, have a fever, sore throat, cough, runny nose and/or shortness of breath.
- Not attend Build A Body if you become aware of any potential exposure to COVID 19. In particular, if a person you have been in contact with reports an epidemiological history or develops symptoms which meet with COVID 19 testing criteria and/or have tested positive.
- The onus is on the client to determine if they are “vulnerable” and can safely resume fitness activities at Build A Body.
- Members may be asked to leave the facility if they present unwell
8. CONTACT TRACING
Build A Body actively support health authorities in contact tracing by:
- Maintaining a register of clients, visitors and trainers attending Build A Body, including date and time (electronic via QR code)
- Clients are requested upon entry to declare their fitness to enter the facility – see above.
- Provide government bodies with attendee information if requested.